Real Estate related? No. Texas Related. Yes.
From a 2018 post…the best tamales in North Texas! For families, across Texas, Christmas tamales are a serious tradition. Making them, giving them, eating them. This time last year, a list of the best tamale places in North Texas was created.
7 restaurants competed – worth checking out!
- Tommy Tamale (1689 W Northwest Highway, Grapevine + 680 N Denton Tap Road, Coppell)
- Mariposa’s Latin Kitchen (5724 Locke Ave, Fort Worth)
- Cardona Foods (850 Meacham Blvd, Fort Worth)
- Dallas Tamale Café (1702 Small Street, Grand Prairie)
- Luna’s Tortillas (2225 Connector Drive, Dallas)
- Rodriguez Foods (2901 Decatur Ave., Fort Worth)
- Taqueria Laredo (3634 Marvin D Love Fwy, Dallas)
Olivia Gonzalez, who wrote the criteria for the judges to follow, said, “Christmas tamales is like a rite of passage. Especially in families like mine, Hispanic families.” Olivia is a food blogger who joined along for a “Verify” report naming the Breakfast Taco Capital of Texas.
According to Daniel Hoyer, the author of Tamales, tamales, a Christmas tradition, have been around 7,000 to 9,000 years, going back to Aztec and Mayan civilization.
During the first round of competition, the field was narrowed to a final two: Mariposa’s Latin Kitchen and Tommy Tamale.
The WINNER: Tommy Tamale – 1689 W Northwest Highway, Grapevine + 680 N Denton Tap Road, Coppell.
SOURCE: 12/18 wfaa.com
PSST: Outside this story, someone noted that Braums has some really good tamales too!